We previously showed you how to unblock a number on iPhone, in this guide we will look at how to unblock a number on your Android phone. In the age of constant communication, the ability to block unwanted calls and messages is a valuable feature provided by Android smartphones. However, situations may arise where you need to unblock a number that you previously blocked. This guide will provide a detailed and informative walkthrough on how to unblock a number on your Android phone.
Understanding Blocking on Android
Blocking a number on an Android phone essentially prevents that number from contacting you via calls or text messages. When a blocked number tries to call you, they will hear a busy signal or a message saying that the call could not be completed. Similarly, when they send you a text message, they will receive a delivery failure notification.
Reasons to unblock a number
There are many reasons why you might need to unblock a number. Perhaps you accidentally blocked the number with which you wanted to stay in touch, or maybe you want to re-establish communication with a previously blocked contact. Whatever the reason, unblocking a number is a straightforward process.
Unblocking a number: step-by-step guide
The specific steps involved in unblocking a number may vary slightly depending on the Android version and phone manufacturer. However, the general process remains consistent across different devices. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- open phone app: Find and tap the Phone app icon on your Android phone’s Home screen or app drawer.
- access settings: Tap the three vertical dots icon in the top right corner of the Phone app. This will open a menu with various options.
- Select “Settings”“: From the menu that appears, select the “Settings” option. This will open the Settings menu of the Phone app.
- Navigate to “Blocked Numbers”“: Scroll down the Settings menu and find the “Blocked numbers” option. Tap on it to access the list of blocked contacts.
- Find the number to unblock: Scroll through the list of blocked numbers until you find the number you want to unblock.
- Start unblocking: Tap the “X” icon next to the number you want to unblock. A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your action.
- Confirm unblocking: Tap the “Unblock” button in the pop-up window to proceed to unblock the number.
- verify unblocking: Once the verification is completed, the number will be removed from the blocked list. You should now be able to receive calls and text messages from that number.
Additional ways to unblock numbers
In addition to the standard method described above, there are two alternative ways to unblock a number:
- Unblocking from recent calls: Open the Phone app and navigate to the Recent Calls tab. Identify the recent call from the blocked number and tap the “i” icon next to it. Then, select the “Unblock” option from the pop-up menu.
- Unblocking from Messages app: Launch the Google Messages app and tap the three-dot menu icon. Select “Spam and Blocking” from the options. Find the message from the blocked contact and tap on it. Select the “Unblock” option from the pop-up dialog box.
Unblocking a number on an Android phone is a simple and straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps. By following the detailed instructions in this guide, you can easily manage your blocked contacts and ensure that you receive the calls and messages that are important to you. We hope you found this guide useful and informative, if you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave a comment below and let us know.
Image Credit: techytech tech
Filed Under: Android News
Latest Geeky Gadget Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our disclosure policy.