Take-Two CEO says GTA 6 trailer leak was ‘disappointing’ but didn’t hurt the team: Report

Grand Theft Auto 6 is set to release sometime in 2025, with developer Rockstar Games announcing the highly anticipated title via a trailer late last year. gta 6 trailerwhich had 174 million views on YouTube at the time of writing, came out on December 5, featuring dazzling visuals, a dense and detailed Vice City, and a tom petty song Its Spotify streams have since experienced a 37,000 percent increase. But just hours before Rockstar was forced to actually release the trailer, it leaked onto the internet. Now, the CEO of Rockstar owner Take-Two has said the leak was “disappointing.”

Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick, ahead of the company’s quarterly earnings call on Thursday told IGN says that the GTA 6 trailer leak was “disappointing”, but according to them, it did no harm to the team at Rockstar and its parent company.

“In terms of the leak, it’s always disappointing for the team, but ultimately, I don’t think it hurt us,” Zelnick said. The Take-Two chief said the team was satisfied when the official trailer “broke the internet.”

Zelnick’s statement mirrors his comments from February last year, when he addressed a separate leak that revealed in-development footage of GTA 6. At the time, Zelnick claimed that the leak was an “emotional matter” rather than a commercial one. He said, “We take the leaks really very seriously and they let us all down, it’s really disappointing and disappointing for the team.” “However, as a business matter we are not affected. But as a personal matter and emotional matter, our teams are affected.”

The development of GTA 6 has been full of speculation and leaks, the biggest of which was a hack that released over 90 videos of in-development gameplay in September 2022, revealing the game’s two protagonists and its Vice City setting. These details were finally confirmed when Rockstar released a trailer for GTA 6, which featured two playable characters – Lucia and her partner (presumed to be Jason) – and the Miami-inspired Leonida as the game’s location. Posting the official trailer on X, Rockstar said, “Our trailer has been leaked so please watch the real thing on YouTube.”

Take-Two, meanwhile, informed of Its third-quarter earnings for fiscal 2024, ending Dec. 31, 2023, are due Thursday. The company’s net bookings for the quarter stood at $1.3 billion (approximately Rs 11,126 crore) on the back of strong performance from Grand Theft Auto 5, GTA Online and the Red Dead Redemption series. However, Take-Two estimated that fourth-quarter bookings would fall short of market expectations and cut its annual forecast for the year. Additionally, the company also revised its revenue projections for fiscal year 2025 (ending March 31, 2025), suggesting that GTA 6 may not release until March next year. Analysts said the game’s release would significantly boost the company’s quarterly earnings. The game will likely launch in the second half of next year, in fiscal year 2026.


Affiliate links may be automatically generated – see our ethics statement for details.

(TagstoTranslate)GTA 6 trailer leak disappointing Rockstar Games Takes Two CEO Strauss Zelnik GTA 6(T)Grand Theft Auto 6(T)Rockstar Games(T)Takes Two

Leave a comment